Safety + Care
S A F E T Y:
- Our necklaces are NOT toys and are only meant to be worn by an adult or children over the age of 2. Never ever leave a child unattended with jewellery.
- The necklaces are built for wear and tear, but inspect necklace before wearing it and discard if any parts are damaged. The clasps are not chewable. Never leave your child unattended with any necklace.
- Our beads are nontoxic, lead free, BPA free, heavy metal free and safe for little ones to nibble on.
- Do not hand to your child as a toy as the products are made with small beads and can potentially be a choking hazard.
- Mama Gems are functional pieces of jewellery, designed and made first and foremost for responsible adults.
W O O D B E A D S:
- Our wooden beads are made from natural, untreated apple, pine, beech or juniper wood. Do not submerge wooden beads in water. For best results, maintain your wooden beads with an all natural, baby safe wood balm. You can purchase our organic wooden bead balm here.
- Our juniper wood pendants have a gorgeous, silky texture and pleasant, woodsy aroma. Juniper trees are chalk full of healing benefits, from the bark, resin, berries and wood. The wood itself is antibacterial. It is a softer wood, so not intended for intense chewing with teeth.
- Our painted wooden beads are made and painted in Europe with lead free, nontoxic, water based paints. These beads are salvia proof and designed to be safe for babies to mouth and nibble.
S I L I C O N E B E A D S:
We use food grade silicone beads which are FREE from BPA, PVC, phthalates, cadmium and lead.
Silicone beads can potentially split if an adult or older child uses enough force with their teeth.
C A R E:
- Wash with warm water and soap. Hang to dry. The silky cord is made from durable, quick dry eco-friendly nylon.
- The juniper wood pendants are coated with a thin coat of beeswax. It will eventually rub off.
- You can reapply a natural, baby safe wood balm to all the wooden beads and pendants to maintain the colour and integrity.